Robert F. Kuppens
KCP Advisory Group
Robert Kuppens is a senior finance executive with a successful history of managing companies through operational and financial restructurings and transactions with over 16 years of financial management experience in both public markets and private entities. Mr. Kuppens’ experience in corporate finance and restructuring has included companies ranging from $50 million to in excess of $1 billion in annual sales, for retail leaders such as Talbots, Lids and Bag’n Baggage in both interim and permanent capacities as a Senior Financial Executive, operating with a hands on role in the restructuring, repositioning, expansion, and, in some cases, sale of these companies. In addition to his retail experience, Mr. Kuppens has also worked in the technology and manufacturing sectors, providing a crucial role in the financial planning and reporting requirements of those companies. Some of his more notable achievements include:
- As Chief Financial Officer, successfully led a leading, national premium luggage retailer through Chapter 11 reorganization; increased borrowing capacity and reduced costs, improving margins and profitability;
- Renegotiated senior bank facilities to increase liquidity and provide greater flexibility from available collateral for national specialty retailers;
- Managed financial negotiations and due diligence for sale of national specialty apparel company;
- Developed and implemented financial planning & analysis controls and department structure, including monthly cash flow and expense management procedures for national retailer;
- Played key role in the IPO of a leading, high-end apparel company as well as managing the development of two, new business units and the company’s successful international expansion.
- Extensive experience in stock option and share repurchase plans, SEC reporting requirements and financial modeling for public entities;
Mr. Kuppens is a graduate of Boston College with a degree in Accounting and Finance and received his MBA from Bentley College. Mr. Kuppens is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Turnaround Management Association.
The Advisory CouncilKCP receives guidance and input from some of the most talented professionals in their respective fields.
KCP ProfessionalsAt KCP, our professionals have decades of experience in public and private companies with financial distress ranging across many industry sectors and specialties.
KCP MembershipsThe professionals at KCP are proud members and supporters of many industry organizations.
Events ListingMeet the KCP team at these industry events.
KCP ExperienceThe combined experience of our professionals covers many industry sectors and specialties.